- Has smaller working range of temperature and pressure than DOT 4.
- Water absorption rate is higher than DOT 4.
- Not very suitable for vehicles embedded with ABS unit and Traction Control.
- Made of glycol and ether.
- DOT 3 is generally found red in color.
Which Brake Fluid To Choose ??
- Provides stability at high temperatures and pressure, it has better tolerance for dry and wet boiling points.
- Water absorption is low.
- Provides better braking agility, great for vehicles with ABS and Traction Control.
- Made of glycol and borate.
- Generally Yellowish or transparent in color.
Some other brake fluids you might wanna know about –
DOT 5 : It’s made of silicone which consequences into no water absorption but due to its silicone compounds it can’t be mixed with DOT 3, DOT 4 & DOT 5.1.
DOT 5.1 : It’s made of glycol ether / borate ester and that’s why it is compatible with DOT 3 & DOT 4.
Facing spongy and poor braking on your bike?
Get it fixed at MotoARZT via clicking the button given below. ↓
SUBSCRIBE!! & FOLLOW!!
SITE & SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES.
(Links are Available on the Website)