• Hero unveiled Xtreme 160R along with BSVI compliant Hero Passion Pro and Hero Glamour in Jaipur at their R&D hub in Centre of Innovation and Technology.
• Hero Xtreme 160R is powered with 160 cc BSVI engine that generates 15 bhp of horse power at 8500 of rpm and peak torque of 14 Nm.
• Xtreme 160R can accelerate from 0 kmph to 60 kmph in 4.7 seconds.
• The bike expected to be around ₹87000 to ₹90000 (ex-showroom).
• Hero has accounced an investment of ₹10000 crore for its future automotive solutions which also includes electric vehicle for next five to seven years.
Hero is the largest two wheeler manufacturer not only in India but in the world and it was a shock to discover that the largest home grown manufacturer was out of the race in 150 cc segment. For a while though, Hero Motocorp was out of the 150 cc league after the discontinuation of Hero Xtreme in 2019, but standing to our expectation it eventually made a comeback with the launch of Hero Xtreme 160R along with BSVI complaint Hero Glamour and Hero Passion Pro at the recent event of “Hero World 2020” hosting by Hero MotoCorp at its R&D hub in the Centre of Innovation and Technology (CIT) in Jaipur.
Following the success of the Xtreme 200R, Hero continued the Xtreme series with Xtreme 160R and has claimed to have “head turning aesthetics and agile handling”. But besides handling, it also has quite an astonishing sporty look and the dual tone color schemes add adorns to it. It has LED headlamps, tail lamps and turn signals with hazard flasher switch, digital instrumentation and side stand engine cut off feature. The bike is powered with the 160 cc BSVI engine that generates a 15 bhp of horse power at 8500 rpm and peak torque of 14 Nm. Having a weight of 138.5 kg and an electronic fuel injection it can swift from 0 kmph to 60 kmph in 4.7 seconds. It is implemented with telescopic front forks and seven step adjustable rear monoshock suspension.
Hero has confirmed that the Xtreme 160R will make its entry in the automotive market next month, the bike is expected to be priced around ₹87000 to ₹90000 (ex-showroom) . The world’s largest two wheeler manufacturer has also announced a ₹10000 crore of investment in its future automotive solutions which also includes electric vehicle for next five to seven years.